Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Well, It's About Time I Started a Real Blog, Like a Real One

For a long time I've been meaning to start a blog, but I just never got around to it. Well, strictly speaking that's not totally true; I started one on Planet Cancer when I was sick, but then when I didn't have cancer any more it just kind of fell out of my life. Later things kept happening that reminded me how fun it would be to broadcast to the world at occasional small intervals instead of waiting until I had a huge zine ready every so often -- that if I did the cyberspace equivalent of standing out on the street corner with a megaphone, that once I provided myself a space to broadcast those things out loud, even if nobody was listening, I would still have a place I could go to and look at and think, "Yes, that was a nice thread I started there" that I could then decide then if it was something I could flesh out further for my zine articles in Caboose. How is that any different than keeping a journal? Well for one I would actually have the stuff typed out, for one. And for another, I often write in response to little scraps of things that I could just scan in right away and post 'em up and then not save everything to go into some big folder of stuff that I get to, like, every 6 months. I'm wondering f maybe I should be setting up this blog on Wordpress instead of Blogger, because at least Wordpress has that function called Press This that if you're elsewhere on the internet, if you find something you like that you want to blog about, you can do it directly wherever you are instead of having to go back to your blog and starting a new entry there. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment